Kerala may continue to impose restrictions on vehicle movement even after the lockdown period.
The Kerala Motor Vehicles Department is learnt to have submitted a few recommendations to the state government in this regard to prevent crowding at public places, reliable sources said.
Changing the timing of ofces and academic institutions, implementing odd-even scheme, barring two-wheeler pillion riding and limiting number of passengers in cars to just three are some of the recommendations put forward by the department.
Other recommendations by the Motor Vehicles Department:
- Restrict the number of passenger in buses, autorickshaws and taxis.
- Provide hand sanitisers to bus passengers.
- Clean buses, autorickshaws and taxis with soap water everyday.
- Set up hand washing kiosks in all bus stops.
- Ensure that school students wear masks while heading to schools.
- Disinfect school buses every day