KRISHNAGIRI: A 22-year-old Hosur resident died on Wednesday after swallowing a live fish while recording a TikTok video.
The deceased was identified as S Vetrivel of Parvathi Nagar in Hosur. He was a mason.
Vetrivel had gone to a lake at Therpettai area in the town for fishing with two friends, an officer from the Hosur town police station said. “All of them were drunk. Vetrivel tried to swallow a live fish while recording a TikTok video with his friends.
The fish got stuck in his throat and he struggled to breathe. Though his friends rushed him to the government hospital in Hosur, doctors declared him brought dead.”
Postmortem was conducted on Thursday. “We are investigating whether he swallowed the fish to win a bet or to record the video,” the officer added.